249 Agricultural Sciences and Industries Building
Areas of Expertise
- Organic Agriculture
- Nitrous Oxide Emissions from Soil
- Nitrogen Cycling in the Soil-Plant System
- Sustainable Bioenergy Production
- Modeling Agricultural Systems
PhD, Soil Science and Biogeochemistry, The Pennsylvania State University, 2015
MS, Soils, Punjab Agricultural University, Punjab, India, 2010
BS, Agricultural Chemistry and Soil Science, Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya, West Bengal, India, 2008
- Saha, D., Kemanian, A., Rau, B. M., Adler, P. R., and Montes, F. 2017. Designing efficient nitrous oxide sampling strategies in agroecosystems using simulation models. Atmospheric Environment (accepted).
- Saha, D., Rau, B. M., Kaye, J. P., Montes, F., Adler, P. R., and Kemanian, A. R. 2016. Landscape control of nitrous oxide emissions during the transition from conservation reserve program to perennial grasses for bioenergy. Global Change Biology Bioenergy. doi:10.1111/gcbb.12395.
- Kukal, S. S., Saha, D., Sharma, P., and Sharma, B. D. 2016. Profile distribution of carbon fractions under long-term rice-wheat and maize-wheat production in Alfisols and Inceptisols of northwest India. Land Degradation and Development, 27, 1205–1214. doi: 10.1002/ldr.2299.
- Saha, D., and Kukal, S. S. 2015. Soil structural stability and water retention characteristics under different land uses of degraded lower Himalayas of North-West India. Land Degradation and Development, 26, 263–271. doi: 10.1002/ldr.2204.
- Saha, D., Kukal S. S., and Bawa, S. S. 2014. Soil organic carbon stock and fractions in relation to land use and soil depth in the degraded Shiwaliks hills of lower Himalayas. Land Degradation and Development, 25, 407–416, doi: 10.1002/ldr.2151.
- Mriganka De, Saha, D., and Chakraborty, S. 2014. Soil structure and strength characteristics in relation to slope segments in a degraded Typic Ustochrepts of North-West India. Soil Horizons, doi:10.2136/sh13-09-0022.
- Kukal S. S., Saha, D., Bhowmik, A., and Dubey, R. K. 2012. Water retention characteristics of soil bio-amendments used as growing media in pot culture. Journal of Applied Horticulture, 14, 92-97.
- Saha, D., Kukal, S. S., and Sharma, S. 2011. Land use impacts on SOC fractions and aggregate stability in Typic Ustochrepts of Northwest India. Plant and Soil, 339, 457-470.