- Tombros Early Career Professor
- Associate Professor, Turfgrass Management
- Director, Golf Course Turfgrass Management Program
21 Tyson Building
Areas of Expertise
- Turfgrass Science
- Turfgrass Management
- Golf Course Management
- Turfgrass pathology
- plant pathology
- weed management
Connect with John E. Kaminski, Ph.D.
* Ph.D., Natural Resource Sciences, The University of Maryland, 2004
* M.S., Agronomy, The University of Maryland, 2001
* B.S., Turfgrass Science, The Pennsylvania State University, 1998
* B.S., Landscape Contracting, The Pennsylvania State University, 1998
- Associate Professor, Turfgrass Science, The Pennsylvania State University, 2012-present.
- Assistant Professor, Turfgrass Science, The Pennsylvania State University, 2009-2012.
- Assistant Professor, Turfgrass Pathology, University of Connecticut, 2005–2008.
- Ph.D. Graduate Research Assistant, University of Maryland, 2001–2004.
- M.S. Graduate Research Assistant, University of Maryland, 1998–2001.
- Student Intern, Penn State Turf Research Facility, April-August 1998
- Student Intern, Congressional Country Club, Bethesda, MD, May-September 1997
- Student Intern, Desert Mountain Properties, Scottsdale, AZ, February-August 1996
Honors and Awards:
- Tombros Early Career Professor, 2015-2017
- Musser International Turfgrass Foundation’s 2005 Award of Excellence
- Northeastern American Phytopathological Society Student Paper Award 1st Place, 2004
- Crop Science Society of America C-5 Poster Contest Industrial Relations Committee Award 1st Place, 2003
- R.F. Davis Memorial Scholarship, 2003
- Southern Nursery Association Sidney B. Meadows Scholarship, 2003
- College of Agriculture and Natural Resources Outstanding Graduate Student, 2003
- Department of Natural Resource Sciences and Landscape Architecture Outstanding Graduate Student, 2003
- Golf Course Superintendents Association of America Watson Fellowship, 2002
Special Topics in Turfgrass Management