- M.S., Plant Pathology, The Pennsylvania State University, 2004
- B.S., Agronomy, The Pennsylvania State University, 2002
Responsibilities and Interests:
I am currently a Senior Extension Associate for Dr. Marvin Hall and Dr. Douglas Beegle at Penn State University, University Park, PA. My responsibilities include field based research project management, extension education as part of CMEG, nutrient management education, and data analysis.
Prior experience includes molecular plant-pathogen interaction studies of the type III secreted protein DspA from Erwinia amylovora. Other research includes the epidemiology of Phakopsora pachyrhizi (Soybean Rust) within soybeans planted at varied row width.
As a Certified Crop Advisor, I specialize in all aspects of field cropping including pest and nutrient management. Other important factors include soil and water conservation. My ultimate goal is to make farming practices more efficient to reduce labor and monetary expenses.
- Research Support Assistant, Dept. of Crop & Soil Sciences, Penn State, 2006 to present.
- Researcher, The University of Florida, 2006.
- Specialist (E-4), U.S. Army, 1996 to 2002.