Potential Career Paths
Potential career paths for Plant Sciences graduates include:
- commercial growers of fruit, vegetable, nursery, or greenhouse crops
- retail management, business production, marketing and sales
- cooperative extension and education
- public and private gardens and arboretums
- federal and state plant health and inspection services
- crop consulting
- agricultural research
- sales and service work for seed, plant materials, agricultural chemicals
By selection of appropriate science courses, students can prepare for graduate study leading to careers in research, teaching, and/or extension in horticulture and related plant sciences.
You may be interested in majoring in Plant Sciences if you want to:
- Operate a plant-related business.
- Grow and develop plants for better human nutrition, greater insect disease resistance, or aesthetic qualities.
- Help improve our environment by using plants to modify our surroundings.
Students can enter the private/public sector or continue on to an advanced degree.