Dropseed, Seashore, Spergula arvensis var. sativa, Spergula sativum, Spurrey
Life cycle: Summer or winter annual
Growth Habit: Upright or spreading form, branching from base
Leaf Margin: Entire
Leaf Hairs: Can have short hairs that are sticky
Leaf Structure: Simple thin bright green
Leaf Arrangement: Opposite and whorls at the stem nodes
Root Type: Taproot with secondary finely branched roots
Flower Color: Small white five-petaled flowers at tje end of the flowering stem.
- Pearlwort, Birdseye Sagina procumbens
- Carpetweed Mollugo verticillatus
- Sand Spurry Spergularia rubra
Herbicidal Control Options
- Preemergence: Selective control option not available
- Post Emergence: Selective control option not available
Please note: one or more of these active ingredients may exist in combination-type brand name products. Any material used for herbicidal control of any plant may vary in efficacy. Please read the full disclaimer on herbicide usage.